The core social benefit of the shop will be the fact that a shop supplying essential groceries and services will be open in the village. This has been the focus of the planning activity. Within this, the core values of the business will set the agenda for The Shop along the following lines:
- Work with local businesses such as Nelsons, milkman and newspapers to complement the current services provided.
- Source local produce wherever possible.
- Stock known brand basic convenience items.
- Give excellent customer service including the ability to order special items.
- Supply local craft items. Incorporate Fairtrade products where possible.
The shop can also help with many of life’s little difficulties faced by our rural community, such as:
- Cash back
- Telephone top up
- Dry Cleaning
- Post Office Services
Nowadays many people work or run their businesses from home and The Shop can help by offering the following support services:
- Stamps, weighing and postal services
- Parcel drop off point
Developing a community shop gives the freedom to deliver many other benefits to the community that a privately owned shop cannot afford to deliver.